We are so pleased to announce our nurse Hayley has passed her Certificate in Oral Health Education awarded by British Dental Association!
This is a great achievement for her and has taken great dedication for her as the course consists of:
- Practical portfolio – consisting of several lessons being planned for our patients who were referred from our Dentists or Specialists Orthodontists.
- Sessions completed with patients ranging in age from teens in orthodontic treatment and adults undergoing dental treatment.
- Make and design a leaflet for our patients to educate them on Oral Health
- Plan & produce a display which was in our practice waiting room
- Complete 27 modules & 7 short tests
And as if that isn’t enough a final 75 minute exam which she received an amazing B grade!
Pretty impressive- we are so proud and we are now looking at ways in which we can incorporate this in to our practice. So watch out for our plans in 2017!
Check out our Facebook page for photos of Hayley’s display